Numbers that tell a story
Let us help you
understand the narrative
Whether you’re an owner or an investor, value matters. At Welch Capital Partners we understand the factors that enhance and detract from value creation and can clearly show through our analysis and research, what your company is worth. Understanding these factors and their impact on your business is crucial.
Led by a Chartered Business Valuator (CBV)
Our Valuation Group will provide meaningful insight into your company’s worth. Our finance and accounting expertise, along with our deep understanding of various valuation methodologies, can meet all of your complex valuation needs, whether for shareholder transactions, financial reporting, tax, or litigation.
We constantly monitor changes to the tax and accounting regulations and standards in both Canada and the US, and prepare valuations that adhere to the Practice Standards of the CBV Institute and the guidance issued by the Canada Revenue Agency, the Internal Revenue Service, the Financial Reporting and Assurance Standards Canada, the Financial Accounting Standards Board, and the International Accounting Standards Board.
We have extensive experience working with C-level executives and supporting the financial reporting requirements of our public and private clients, providing valuation services that include but are not limited to the following:
- Business combinations/purchase price allocations
- Goodwill impairment
- Intangible asset valuations, including but not limited to customer relationships, technology, brands/trademarks, non-compete agreements, assembled workforce
- Intellectual property valuation (patents, trade secrets)
- Stock-based compensation (409A valuations)
- Contingent consideration
- We also support Board-level decision making through fairness opinions, due diligence and quality of earnings reports.
If the time comes where matters become escalated, then our team has extensive experience delivering credible, independent valuation reports and expert services for litigation matters and expert witness testimony.
As a Chartered Business Valuator (CBV), we provide business valuations and other related services for case preparation, expert testimony and other litigation matters.
Our services have been provided to counsel and their clients for various disputes, such as matrimonial and estate disputes, shareholder disputes, quantification of damages, IP litigation, and business interruption matters.
We are open to providing our services to one of the parties, via a joint mandate or in a collaborative law engagement. Our reports are compliant with the Practice Standards of the CBV Institute.
We can offer the following services.
- Determine the fair market value of a business, partnership or sole proprietorship, as well as vested/unvested options and restricted stock units (RSUs)
- Prepare a critique of a report of another expert
- Calculate the available income of a business owner or self-employed individual for child and/or spousal support purposes
- Calculate economic loss/lost profits caused by a breach of contract, business interruption, etc.
- Provide an export report or opinion on the applicability of minority and/or marketability discounts
- Help counsel prepare for the interrogation of a witness or expert.
- Provide testimony as an expert witness in court, arbitration or mediation.
We are dedicated to providing the best possible value for our clients & users.