Director, Valuations & Litigation Support
Location: Ottawa or Toronto, ON • Category: Full-time, Permanent
Welch Capital Partners is seeking a Director of Valuations and Litigation Support to join our growing business and team. This position will report to the Managing Director, Valuations and Litigation Support. Based in Ottawa or Toronto, you will lead Analysts, Associates, and/or Senior Associates to deliver successful valuation projects, ensuring high quality deliverables and analysis, while providing insights and value to our clients. This role will involve exposure to a broad array of sectors and geographies. Note the location of this role will be temporarily remote during the pandemic, but will later be based out of one of our offices.
This could be the role for you if you can demonstrate the following keys to success:
- An ability to think creatively and critically to find solutions to client requests.
- A collaborative team player that can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly motivated, committed, self-starter and can adapt to changing priorities.
- An ability to build a network and effective working relationships internally and externally.
- A willingness to identify and propose process efficiencies and integration within other WCP services, such as M&A and Capital Raising.
- Experience and/or comfort with valuation research tools (e.g., PitchBook, DealStats, BVR, etc.) as well as a willingness to learn other business development and file management software (e.g., Salesforce, Asana, Outreach, SharePoint, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead work streams on a broad array of valuation assignments for tax, financial reporting, M&A, financings and litigation, and gain experience in other M&A and capital projects.
- Take responsibility for the preparation of all valuation reports and models, valuation and financial analysis and the application of a variety of valuation methodologies.
- Evaluate existing valuation research and file management tools and recommend improvements, if any.
- Lead and motivate a small but high performing team to deliver exceptional client service, while also fostering collaboration across WCP and its affiliate, Welch LLP.
- Guide and coach junior team members through challenging mandates and help them solve problems.
- Identify new business opportunities and lead the creation of proposals and presentations to future clients.
- Drive revenue growth in existing and new sectors for valuation services.
- Network, build and maintain relationships with clients and with our internal network.
- Proactively contribute to the growth and differentiation of the Company through thought leadership (e.g., articles, blogs, presentations, lunch and learns, etc.).
- Assist in the development of the valuation division’s budget and remain accountable to said budget.
Education & Experience
- CBV designation is required
- CPA, CA designation is preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of direct valuations experience
- Experience executing significant valuation engagements for a variety of purposes
- Demonstrated experience in coaching, mentoring, training and developing junior staff members
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills with experience leading staff and/or teams
- Advanced valuation and financial analysis skills, along with excellent report writing skills
- Business acumen/commercial awareness to identify business development opportunities
- Willingness to provide knowledge transfer to the market through presentations, blogs, and/or articles, developing a strong market brand for yourself and WCP
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and an ability to solve complex technical problems
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line “WCP Valuations Director”.
Welch Capital Partners welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Please note that as per Welch Capital Partners Inc. policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Welch Capital Partners Inc. will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.